Highland Baptist Church was originally formed as Highland Place Baptist Chapel in 1950 as a mission of College Avenue Baptist Church. The pastor at the time was Taylor Pendley. Over the years, Highland has become an established Lubbock Baptist Church with strong membership that continues to grow. Highland enjoys a warm and contagious fellowship in Christ, and shares the conviction that, “with Jesus, the best is always yet to come.”
Staff members play a vital role in the day to day operations of Highland Baptist Church. We have an amazing assembly of staff members that help to make Highland Baptist an awesome place for fellowship and worship of our Lord.