Highland is blessed to have wonderful and loving teachers serving our children’s Life Groups. Many bring years of experience to the classes each week. We are grouped by ages (according to the child’s age as of September 1 of the new School year). Our group leaders are dedicated to creating a pleasant and enriching experience for the children. Follow the link to print off a H-KIDS Registration card to beat the line! If you aren’t able to print one off we will have them at the registration desk.
Volunteer Registration-Follow the link if you would like to volunteer in our childrens ministry!
AWANA’s – Wednesday 5:30-7:15 @Family Life Center
A FREE meal is provided to children and workers at 5:30pm.
What is Awana?
Awana Clubs are an exciting opportunity for our children to benefit spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally from each weekly meeting. Our Awana clubs offers a positive, loving atmosphere. Through Awana, our children can develop their social skills such as sharing, listening and relating to others. Through achievement and awards, our children will gain a sense of accomplishment that leads to future successes in all areas of life. The heart of Awana is its biblical stand that stresses the preeminence of the Word of God. The great Scripture verses on salvation and Christian growth are the core of all the Awana achievements.
Weekly meetings have three components: council time, handbook time, & game time. Council time, includes flag ceremonies, music, announcements and a Bible lesson. Handbook time emphasizes individual contact between clubbers and leaders. Leaders meet with a small group of clubbers to listen to them recite their memory work and to encourage them to greater participation and handbook achievements. Clubbers earn handbook awards during this part of the meeting. Game time teaches fair play and teamwork while providing a release for stored-up energy.
We hope you will join us Wednesdays for AWANA’s!
- Vacation Bible School –We have one of the best Vacation Bible Schools in Lubbock! Each age group meets separately by grade and has plenty of fun crafts, music, and bible-related activities.
- Camp Xtreme – for children who have completed grades 4-6. It is at Plains Baptist Camps. Weekly activities include swimming, missions, music, hiking and fun for all! USUALLY THE MIDDLE OF JULY
- Girls Camp-for girls 1st-5th grade at Plains Baptist Camps. Girls Camp is in June and filled with music, crafts, Bible Study, swimming, and worship along with many other activities that girls love.
- Mission Activities- many Mission activities take place during the year for children and their families.
- Day Trips and Activities – Numerous other activities are offered for children throughout the year, like swim parties, Sunday School class parties, etc.
- Rosebud Dedication – This is a time of dedication of babies and toddlers, recognition of the child’s family, and commitment of the church. We as a church commit to helping the family teach and direct the child in a Christ-centered environment.
- Children’s Christmas Party-2nd Saturday afternoon of December! – What a fun morning of Christmas crafts, stories,games, and snack for everyone . Every activity at the party centers on the birth of Christ. The 34th Street Miracles Parade follows this fun event.If you would like to be involved in any of these ministries, have any questions or even volunteer in Highlands Children Ministry please contact Kenna Kizer for information on how to do that by calling the church office at (806)795-6453.